Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kelgale  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 10:05:30 PM(UTC)
kelgale

Groups: Registered

We just moved to Huntsville and have started our journey after a couple really difficult personal years, learning to hike. We took a part of the Lone Star trail Saturday and are dying for more. Both 46, he recently lost 60 pounds and I've been a fitness instructor all my life. The hiking bug and the freedom that comes with it has gotten us! Can anymore suggest day trails for us in our area while we learn? I'd be so grateful!
Austin Explorer  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 3:36:17 PM(UTC)
Austin Explorer

Groups: Admin, Administrators, BetaUser, Registered, TrustedUser

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Welcome to the site kelgale! There are a couple of ways to find more hikes around your area.

If you use the Find a Hike page you can limit the search to to an area of Texas (i.e. East Texas) or even a county (assuming the current database has some hikes in that county). And if you find there are trails in a certain area that are not in our database please let us know and we'll get them added as soon as possible!

You can even use some of the search criteria to limit the results to hikes of a certain length or difficulty. Be aware though that some parks might have have a large number of trail miles that might sound intimidating, but provide plenty of easy and short paths for those looking for a quicker outing.

A more interactive way to search for new hikes is to visit the Texas Hiking Maps page. Here you'll be presented with a map showing numerous markers pinpointing the location of trails.

Note: I just noticed that maps on Texas Hiking are not showing markers. We'll get that resolved, but in the meantime you can browse the same database entries on the Hiking Trailhead maps page. You'll just need to zoom in a bit more to get to Texas!
Robert
Austin Explorer  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2015 3:52:15 PM(UTC)
Austin Explorer

Groups: Admin, Administrators, BetaUser, Registered, TrustedUser

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Update: Texas Hiking maps issue has been fixed.
Robert