Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RogerS  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:44:38 PM(UTC)
RogerS

Groups: Registered

I'm looking for Backpacking trails within 1-4 hours drive from North-West Houston. I know about the Lone Star Hiking Trail, and my group has backpacked on segments of LSHT several times. So now we're ready to branch out and find some different scenery. ;-)

By backpacking trail, I mean NOT a trail around a lake associated with a camp ground, but a trail you have to actually hike several miles to get to the first primitive campsite.

Ideally a trail long enough for a weekend of backpacking (hike Friday afternoon, camp Fri night, hike all Saturday, camp Sat night, hike a bit more Sunday morning). But I'm open to anything long enough to actually hike and primitive camp.

Preferably a trail with water sources available along the way.

Thanks!

Roger S
MikeW  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 6:08:51 PM(UTC)
MikeW

Groups: Registered

We were at Colorado Bend State Park a couple of weeks ago. They have several hiking trails leading to primitive sites. While you are there, Gorman Falls is an absolute wonder (65 foot waterfall in Texas)!! The Tinija Trail looked challenging, but we were tired and running out of time and didn't get to try it, this trip. Good luck!