Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Austin Explorer  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:27:54 PM(UTC)
Austin Explorer

Groups: Admin, Administrators, BetaUser, Registered, TrustedUser

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The numerous hikes in the database for Palmetto State Park have been consolidated into one entry. All log entries and photos for the various sub-hikes have been moved to the consolidated hike.

Why was this done? When we first started these websites our criteria for how to identify "hikes" was less defined. After some time on the trails it became obvious that a different entry for every trail segment with a name would become unwieldy. Eventually the idea of consolidating a "tangled mess" of interconnected trails into one entry emerged. This occurred after Palmetto State Park (one "parent" entry) and several trails within the park emerged.

Palmetto State Park is small enough and the trails interconnected enough to rethink its entry and change it to one and this is what we've done today. No worried about your hike counts or mileage though. All hikes are valid and were moved over to the consolidated entry.

Robert
Blaze  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:56:30 AM(UTC)
Blaze

Groups: Registered, TrustedUser

Thank you! Separating each trail as a different location makes it burdensome to log when you hike most/all of them at one time. You end up having to log each trail separately and hyperlink them together. That's a lot of work... In my case, I want to spend my time hiking, not logging, so consolidating this park into one location facilitates that. Thanks for making the change.
Happy Trails!
Lone_Star